Do the WSJ Write Just for The Comedy
Even in the worst of times one can always get a chuckle out of the WSJ editorial pages. Sometimes there is a hystical piece. Here is an except from a recent opinion.
"We doubt all Democrats will be as enthusiastic about running again on the economic and foreign-policy record of 2009-2016."
Gosh, let's look at the facts on the economy.
1. Unemployment is below 5%, Mitt Romney and the GOP's goal was to get it to 6%.
2. Inflation has been about zero, far less than the Fed goal of 2%.
3. The Deficit dropped by 60-70%, not currently a problem.
4. 20 million Americans gained health insurance.
5. The stock market spent the Obama years in a stright upward climb. The DJIA more than doubled; is reaching nearly 20,000
6. Incomes rose finally for working families and the poverty rate declined.
Yeah, sure would not have wanted to run on that record.