Maybe Because It Isn't So Great'
Whenever Republicans speak publicly about their massive tax cut for large corporations and for the wealthy they just flat out lie. For example
- They say this is a middle class tax cut; independent analysis says taxes will increase for millions of middle income Americans.
- They say this will not help the wealthy, yet only the very, very wealthy will benefit from the Estate Tax repeal.
- They say corporations will pass on their tax cuts to employees in higher wages. Who believes that? When has that ever happened?
- They tout the doubling of the standard deduction, not mentioning that most of the benefit will be offset by the elimination of personal exemptions.
- They say tax rates will go down because high marginal rates discourage working. The lowest rate goes up by 20 percent.
- They say there will be more foreign investment in America. Going to a territorial corporate tax regime will encourage American companies to invest abroad.
- People like Lindsey Graham say the economy needs a tax cut. The unemployment rate is at the lowest its been in over a decade. The economy meeded fiscal stimulus in 2009 when all Republicans worked against it.